Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r107697: calendar/calendar.el (calendar-exit):

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r107697: calendar/calendar.el (calendar-exit): Use `quit-windows-on' instead of
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:10:30 -0400

Hi,

> * Glenn Morris <address@hidden> [2012-03-29 13:50:07 -0400]:
>> revno: 107697
>> committer: Sam Steingold <address@hidden>
>> branch nick: trunk
>> timestamp: Thu 2012-03-29 10:00:00 -0400
>> message:
>>   calendar/calendar.el (calendar-exit): Use `quit-windows-on' instead of
>>   the broken adhockery which does not prevent calendar buffers from
>>   being displayed at random after exit.
>>   (calendar-window-list, calendar-hide-window): Remove the broken adhockery.
>
> This is an unexpected change at this stage in the release process. [1]
> Could you explain exactly what it is for? My immediate inclination is to
> leave it for after 24.1. (I don't disagree about there being a lot of
> adhockery, but it is long-standing.)

After "q" in the calendar buffer the calendar windows disappear, but the
buffers reappear as `other-buffer's of other windows, and thus will
pop-up as next-buffer and prev-buffer.
This is not a regression per se, rather an old bug,
and I have been testing this fix for 2 months.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://ffii.org http://camera.org