Re: Release branch plans

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Release branch plans
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 03:47:48 -0400

Chong Yidong wrote:

> 1. I'd like to remove the +++ and --- lines from NEWS before the branch
>    is cut, to avoid a messy merge later.  Could someone help look
>    through NEWS and double-check if there are any entries that still
>    aren't tagged with +++ or ---, and need documentation?
>
>    The entries for pcase.el, secrets.el, notifications.el, and
>    soap-client.el, but OTOH these don't need documentation in the
>    manuals (i.e. they are ---).

I thought it might be nice if the lispref mentioned pcase, but don't
have the first clue about it.

The other ones on my list of maybe-not-done were:

shell-mode uses pcomplete rules...
comint and modes derived from it...
gnutls

And things in doc/misc:

d-bus changes
erc-coding-system-precedence
gnus.texi and message.texi need updating for pgg being obsoleted by EasyPG