Re: Release branch plans

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Release branch plans
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:05:44 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>    The entries for pcase.el, secrets.el, notifications.el, and
>    soap-client.el, but OTOH these don't need documentation in the
>    manuals (i.e. they are ---).  One other issue is that I think
>    `delayed-warnings-list' and `delayed-warnings-hook' ought to be
>    documented; I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow.

For secrets.el, I've promised long long ago to contribute to
auth.texi. Ted has added the node "Secret Service API" in that manual, I
will try to write the missing text next days.

notifications.el is documented by the docstring of its major command
`notifications-notify'. However, it might be helpful to add also some
doc to the Elisp manual, especially examples. Which chapter would be the
best? "System Interface"? If nobody else takes the ball, I'll try to
contribute.

For soap-client.el, there exist
<http://code.google.com/p/emacs-soap-client/wiki/QuickStart>. I don't
know whether Alex or (somebody else) could write a manual based on this
in time. But I agree, it is not mandatory for Emacs 24.1.

Best regards, Michael.

PS: I'm not a native English speaker, all contributions from me require
proof-reading.