Re: DocView AutoFitting via "doc-view-autofit-mode"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: DocView AutoFitting via "doc-view-autofit-mode"
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 12:14:06 -0400

> Hm, I seem to have expressed myself a bit poorly,
> so let me clear it up:

>> ;;; foo.el --- Foo -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
>>
>> (defun foo (window)
>> (message "%s" window))
>>
>> (defun bar ()
>> (interactive)
>> (lexical-let ((foobar (selected-window)))
>> (foo foobar)))

Ah, thanks, I understand now.  Sorry, for reading your earlier message
without enough care.  So the problem has nothing to do with "named
functions".  You can just use

  (lexical-let ((foobar (selected-window)))
    (message "hello %s" foobar))

in a lexical-binding buffer to reproduce the problem.  Indeed, it seems
that lexical-let doesn't work with lexical-binding.  Not a big deal, but
we should at least try to signal it in a way that's less cryptic.

        Stefan