Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 09:20:27 -0400

> I never understood why Emacs have not a developing branch to continue
> developing new features during the feature freeze.

This is because we do not believe we have the manpower to keep two
active branches, and that most people would just keep on using the
`trunk' rather than help debug the feature-frozen branch.

Whether this belief is warranted, I do not know, sadly.
I would be open to experiment with the alternative,

        Stefan