Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:06:19 -0400

> Would the problem be solved if such cherry-picking weren't needed?

To a large extent, yes, but the cases we're talking about can't do that
(which is why we're talking about that).

> That is, if the branches were exactly identical, but kept in two
> different VCSes?  If this would solve the problem, then that's what
> I'd suggest doing.  After all, all those differences sound very minor;
> e.g., why not rename the files as the other guy does?

The `emacs' branch includes tons of other things that aren't in the
`org' branch for obvious reasons.

> Did anyone consider using bzr-git as part of this?

I started using it for some `elpa' packages, yes.  Using a different VCS
is not the problem: differences between the branches's contents is
the problem.

        Stefan