Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: patch vs. overwrite in bzr
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:42:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> What I meant was that when you invoke a VCS command, you need to be
> aware which branch is the current one, or you might invoke a wrong
> command.  When you invoke a VCS command, the modeline is not
> necessarily in your field of view, especially if the command is not
> invoked from Emacs.

Well, if you are working outside of Emacs then you can't only blame your
tools for the inconvenience. Within Emacs, there is no room for
confusion when you use git colocated branches, at least with vc-git +
magit. I see no reason why working with bzr colocated branches on Emacs
couldn't be as safe as git's.