Re: CL package suggestion

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: CL package suggestion
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:45:03 -0400

cl-clean sounds a bit like a development stage in a project (alpha, beta, clean...) -- might be confusing as a permanent
package name?  other than that, sounds good.

other possibilities:
cl2
cl-new
cl-compat
cl-ext
cl-exts
cl-extensions

btw, the name prefix will stay as cl- , as in cl-remove-if, whatever the 'require symbol, correct?

also, should the names be changed everywhere in the CL package manual, or just add a separate section
saying that the following names should really be prefixed?

also: should i also add cl- aliases for macro names in CL, for uniformity?  eg proclaim is a function while declaim
is a macro, but should the user have to keep that in mind or just use cl-proclaim and cl-declaim and have it work?

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Maybe cl-runtime, or cl-rt?

I'd rather not insist on the "runtime" side.  It will just be the new
canonical name of "cl".  We can't use "cl" because too many package
presume an implementation of "cl" which is not namespace clean, whereas
the new "cl" will be namespace-clean.

Maybe 'cl-clean' ?

       Stefan