Re: `file-attribute' accessors

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: `file-attribute' accessors
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:35:49 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> If this sounds OK, I can add the, erm, 11 trivial accessor functions and
>> adjust the documentation of `file-attributes' in trunk.
>
> I guess that'd be OK.

While writing the doc string to all the functions, it struck me that it
would be kinda nice if the definition of the function would be something
like

(defun file-attribute-size (elem)
  (if (stringp file)
      (nth 7 (file-attributes elem))
    (nth 7 elem)))

That is, the functions would accept both a string and a file attribute
list, and do the obvious thing in either case.

What do you think?