Re: GnuTLS docs

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: GnuTLS docs
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:41:19 -0400

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:28:07 -0400 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

GM> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> I didn't want to assume it was OK and I'm not experienced at merging
>> commits between Bazaar branches.

GM> Well, that's the thing. There would not have been a need for you to
GM> merge it between branches. Just install it in emacs-24 and let Someone
GM> merge it to the trunk along with all the other emacs-24 changes. Now
GM> Someone needs to backport it to emacs-24, so this way is slightly more
GM> work (and leads to a slightly messier history). It's not a big deal; but
GM> if you aren't sure where something should go, just ask first.

I really was trying to be careful; sorry for the trouble.  There are
actually two commits I made today, one of which (the GnuTLS handshake
limit) also should be backported but I didn't have approval.

GM> Also, it was recently noticed that $< is not portable in ordinary
GM> make rules, so please replace all uses of that with its expansion.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  Is there an example I should
>> follow?

GM> The ones in the emacs-24 branch doc Makefiles. :)

(I read that thread today; IMHO we should stick with $< )

Just to confirm, you're asking me to be inconsistent with the trunk
doc/misc/Makefile in order to make the merge easier, and to make the
doc/misc/Makefile commit in the "trunk" branch?

Thanks
Ted