Re: CL package suggestion

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: CL package suggestion
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:12:28 -0400

Of the names mentioned so far, cl-lib seems best to me: what distinguishes
cl from most other packages is that it's a library of callable code rather than
an implementation of some user-facing functionality.
cl-ext would also work for the same reason.

If the intention is to eventually obsolete and forget about the non-safe,
non-clean and non-nice version of cl, then cl-safe/cl-clean/cl-nice might
look strange in future code (suggesting that there's a non-safe/non-clean/non-nice
version somewhere & the user is choosing the safe/clean/nice version for
their particular program).  Cf. car-safe, floatp-safe etc.