Re: Kickstarter for Emacs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Kickstarter for Emacs
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:57:39 +0000 (UTC)

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus <at> random-state.net> writes:

> Having run one reasonably successful crowdfunding campaign myself
> (still working on it, actually), let me say this to those who are
> contemplating trying it out:

Thanks for this detailed analysis. It will hopefully motivate
some people to try this with emacs.

People are willing to pay if they care about the goal. Maybe we
should find out somehow what the features are which Emacs users
most want to see implemented. Features which are long overdue
and unlikely to get implemented without some kind of funding.