Re: Kickstarter for Emacs

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Kickstarter for Emacs
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:49:40 +0200

Am 18.04.2012 18:08, schrieb Ivan Andrus:
On Apr 18, 2012, at 9:08 AM, Tom wrote:

I wonder if there be would be enough backers to implement such features
in emacs. Could it be an alternative model for funding Emacs development?
(Of course, the code should be GPL and stuff, so it would be released
to the community when the project is completed.)

How much would it cost me to get the python modes combined into one?

As far as shipped python.el reaches, python-mode.el follows it's path and
provides it's features.
Most of python.el is merged, so it's basically a subset of python-mode.el now.

The diff in short is twofold:

- python-mode.el delivers much more, finer grained commands. Have a look at the
menu.
- python-mode.el allows to specify a full path/to/local/Python --also on the
fly--, instead of the need
 to customize default shell again and again. Should allow to switch easily
between virtualenvs.

Andreas

--
http://launchpad.net/python-mode