Does CEDET work?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Does CEDET work?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:36:57 -0400

There's a running joke in #emacs that goes like this:

<JordiGH> ,cedet
<fsbot> From memory, cedet is [0] Collection of Emacs Development
Environment Tools
<fsbot> [1] at http://cedet.sourceforge.net/,
<fsbot> [2] http://xtalk.msk.su/~ott/en/writings/emacs-devenv/EmacsCedet.html,
..[Type ,more]
<JordiGH> ,more
<fsbot> [3] EDE, Semantic, SRecode, Cogre, Speedbar, and EIEIO,
<fsbot> [4] I totally know somebody who knows somebody who got cedet
working. They said it was awesome.,
<fsbot> [5] merged into Emacs in trunk, ..[Type ,more]
<JordiGH> ,more
<fsbot> [6] theoretical package nobody has ever managed to use for a
practical goal

Indeed, I keep hearing of the person in [4]. Does CEDET work? I've
tried it a few times, didn't get anything workable within a few
minutes, stopped trying. If CEDET doesn't work, why it it still in
trunk? If it does work, why can't apparently nobody make it work?

- Jordi G. H.