Re: python.el [was: Kickstarter for Emacs]

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: python.el [was: Kickstarter for Emacs]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:52:53 +0200

Am 20.04.2012 03:27, schrieb Fabian Ezequiel Gallina:

[ ... ]

If any package maintainer (of trunk or external) needs help
porting current trunk's python.el code to mine know that I'm
eager to help in any place where my insight may be needed. I
prefer to do that rather than polluting the code with obsolete
aliases everywhere, and I really think that for the most cases
the changes should be pretty straightforward.

Hi Fabian,

indeed your python.el is a very well written, inspiring example of a
Python-mode - thanks BTW.

The question left is how to react to the emergence of full-fledged IDE's.

Might it be possible to combine Emacs elegance and flexibility
with state-of-the-art support functions suitable also for Python/Emacs
beginners?

Cheers,

Andreas

--