Re: Ispell and unibyte characters

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Ispell and unibyte characters
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 22:17:30 -0400

> Was just trying to explain why I was dealing with this for Debian.
> Changes committed to Emacs bzr repo did not try to deal with this.

I still really have no clue what problem you're talking about.
ispell.el operates on buffers, so file encodings do not affect it, and
the only file involved is ispell.el itself, where we can choose the
encoding to be "non mixed".
And all of that should apply to Debian as well as to any other
environment where ispell.el might be used/distributed.

        Stefan