bzr warning for modified file

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: bzr warning for modified file
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:11:54 +0200

A few days ago, I started getting warnings from Bzr when I run Emacs
(trunk, not the emacs-24 branch) and desktop.el loads a file which is
under bzr and modified. The prototypical example is that I've modified
lisp/ChangeLog, and in a subsequent session I start emacs and get

  Warnings in `bzr' output: modified:^M
    lisp/ChangeLog^M

  Warnings in `bzr' output: modified:^M
    lisp/ChangeLog

The ^M are part of the message, and the message is duplicated (in the
example, the only modified file in the workspace is lisp/ChangeLog).

Checking the return of vc-bzr-status, I see:

  ELISP> (vc-bzr-status "lisp/ChangeLog")
  (modified)

  ELISP> (vc-bzr-status "lisp/ChangeLog^M")
  (unchanged . "modified:\n  lisp/ChangeLog\n")

Before filing a bug report (which involves doing surgery to my
.emacs), does it ring a bell to anyone? Any recent change in the trunk
that could be the cause?

    Juanma