Re: For insertion in trunk

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: For insertion in trunk
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:01:40 +0900

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:

>> After installation of my changes, it would be almost impossible to merge
>> dbusbind.c or dbus.el automatically between the emacs24 branch and the trunk.

> That's not a problem if the files aren't changed on the emacs-24 branch.

In relation to this, I'd like to merge changes made in the Gnus
git master ever since the feature freeze to the Emacs trunk.  In
that work, may I not change the original ChangeLog timestamps
(and order)?  Or should they be changed to the present time (and
put at the beginning)?

A patch is ready as:
http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch
(or ftp://ftp.jpl.org/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch )