read-passwd: no longer as secure?

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: read-passwd: no longer as secure?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:00:17 -0700

I've fixed emacspeakkk  so it doesn't echo the passwd as the user
types -- though it is still possible to hear the password if
the  user wishes    -- so I guess it alligns with the rest of
Emacs;-)  A aaagree with you that hiding information  in the
elisp world -- and  I wasn't necessssarily asking toooo go back
to the old version; however, when  I saw the change, I justt felt unnneasy.
--
Best Regards,
--raman

--