Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:38:52 -0400

2012/4/25 Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>:
> 2012/4/25 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
>
>> Yeah, look around you. Do I really need to link to the endless
>> flamewars about why Emacs isn't using git?
>
> Oh, you mean that the git fanboys are angry. That's quite different
> from "most people hate it".

Look, you don't need to convince me that git sucks and its proponents
are overzealous:

    http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/on-gitology/

However, it's clear they vastly outnumber you and me. We're not using
bzr because it's the popular choice. We're using it because it's GNU
and a small minority of people have pushed this decision on everyone
else.

So can we push a similar decision for the BTS? debbugs isn't GNU.
Savane is GNU. Other GNU packages use Savane, so why doesn't Emacs?

- Jordi G. H.