Re: Does CEDET work?

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Does CEDET work?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:42:47 +0200

Philipp Haselwarter writes:
> This is what most of the folks that see me using Emacs for C code (which
> is arguably the language best supported by CEDET) want to have for
> /their/ setup. Apart from a functioning CEDET, auto-complete is *very*
> appealing visually and a for many (novice-) users a more attractive way
> to be presented with context-completion than a completion-buffer
> (actually the interface is provided by popup.el). It'd be nice to have
> this in stock Emacs.

I agree. It would be great to have a completion system based on textual
overlays. At least, the also excellent company-mode is in ELPA, but it's
currently unusable on Emacs24 with an activated header-line (yes, I
reported it).

CEDET has its own completion system with various display styles, but
they're all not as good as company-mode or auto-complete.

-David