Re: Remove * characters from the front of variable docstrings

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Remove * characters from the front of variable docstrings
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:51:37 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> PS As of today, this error has now been independently propagated to the
> emacs-24 branch. Fiddling with such things is really not appropriate for
> the emacs-24 branch anyway at this stage. (Unless I misunderstand what
> this variable is for.)

The problem comes from this change:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/diff/lisp/org/org-protocol.el?h=emacs-24&id=0fc749f9

I once overwrote this change during a Org>Emacs merge, then blamed
myself for overwriting such changes, so I backported it carefully into
Org, then into Emacs.

Of course, the initial change is wrong, as Tassilo pointed out.

It is now fixed in emacs-24.

--
 Bastien