Re: Sending diffs of `elpa' to the respective maintainers

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Sending diffs of `elpa' to the respective maintainers
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:42:51 -0400

> I added something for this to the elpa admin/ directory; have a look.

Thanks.  Sounds like a good start.  It would be good to change it so it
manages the maintfile itself.  Or else couple it with a cron job that
builds the maintfile.

> I could easily run it from my procmailrc on fencepost, but perhaps it
> would be better to use a dedicated account on elpa.gnu.org.

elpa.gnu.org sounds like a natural choice, indeed.

> Also, you probably want to add more lines to maintainers.txt (don't
> know if you want it to be opt-in or opt-out).

Definitely "opt-out".  And a missing maintainer data should be treated
as an error (i.e. tho I guess it would be the cron job's duty to
detect/handle it).  I.e. we need to distinguish "missing maintainer
data" from "maintainer decided not to want it".
I'd guess the "opt-out" would be a separate list of "opt-out email
addresses".

        Stefan