Re: Google Drive

From: chad
Subject: Re: Google Drive
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 10:02:54 -0700

On May 1, 2012, at 7:52 AM, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:

> Has anyone started to add support to Emacs so that Google Drive can be
> treated as a usable directory?  Using dired on a development instance of
> Emacs 24 yields the error message: "Format specifier doesn't match argument
> type"
>
> I have to confess that I love the concept of editing some files on my desktop
> computer at home, grab my laptop and head to lunch at some local spot with
> wifi and continue to work on my documents WITHOUT having to do anything
> special, like use Tramp or a source controlled environment or sshfs, etc.  Of
> course, one has be aware of privacy settings so that you either make the
> documents deliberately public, deliberately private or something in between.

I've been doing this for years with DropBox and no special effort, and I'm
surprised that it doesn't Just Work in this case.  I just set up Google Drive
and it seems to work fine (well, except that most of the documents in it are
useless inside emacs).

Could you maybe give some more details or file a bug report?

*Chad