Re: menu system in recent Emacs?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: menu system in recent Emacs?
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 11:07:22 -0400

On Wed, 02 May 2012 08:37:17 -0600 Davis Herring <address@hidden> wrote:

TZ> What's a good multiple-choice menu library in Emacs?  Or do I roll my
TZ> own?  I can't solve it with a one-line prompt so it has to be fairly
TZ> intelligent yet work in a TTY.  I need it to be built-in, not external.

DH> How about `tmm-prompt'?  It's what M-` uses.

Looks usable, e.g.

(tmm-prompt '("top" ("menu" ("choice 3" . 3) ("choice 4" . 4) ("choice 5" .
5))))

The only weird things are how it picks the shortcuts and the choices are
not visually highlighted when you use the arrow keys.

For the keyboard shortcuts, it would be nice if I could just number them
sequentially.  Do I need to use the keymap version of the MENU parameter
for that?

Ted