Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.96

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 24.0.96
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 19:34:00 +0200

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> No point---if you are planning to install it, please just go ahead and
> do that now.  That maximizes the amount of testing and the chances of
> getting problem reports.

Speaking of changes to emacs-24, may I ask why the bugfix for
bug#11374 has been committed to the release branch? It is not a
regression, and though it fixes a real bug, that bug has never been
reported in more than five years, not  even in bug#11374, which is
just the result of a survey of strncpy calls in the sources, I think.
The fix is relatively small, but not trivial enough that it couldn't
hide another bug in what is a crucial part of emacsclient.c.

Confused,

    Juanma