Re: Evil defvars in org.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Evil defvars in org.el
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 10:57:27 -0400

> Then the conclusion I'll take away from this is that there is no need to
> make any changes.

Pretty much: we should try and get rid of those non-prefixed dynamic
vars (e.g. by adding a prefix) and we should work even harder to try and
avoid introducing more of them.  But several of the ones that are
out there will have to stay because fixing them is likely to do more
harm (e.g. by inconveniencing users) than leaving them as they are.

        Stefan