Re: Magit slow on Windows

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Magit slow on Windows
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 22:28:20 -0400

    My installation of Magit is dog slow on WIndows. For example, I
    want to see the changes I made to some file in Magit. On Linux and
    OSX, this is as simple as putting point on top of the file name,
    then hit tab.

Since you're talking about something comparable to Windows and MacOS,
you must mean an entire operating system.  In other words, not Linux.
Linux is a kernel, just one component of an operating system.

What you mean must be GNU/Linux -- that is an entire system.
I launched it in 1984, and GNU Emacs is part of it.

To call that system "Linux" is to attribute it to someone else,
which is practically slapping all of us in the face.

I appreciate the effort you've gone to in reporting a bug, since that
may help us fix it.  But it is hard to hold on to the appreciative
feeling when you credit our work to someone else.  Please call the
system "GNU/Linux", not "Linux".

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html and
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html, plus
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html for the full history of