Re: SMIE documentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: SMIE documentation
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 09:25:52 -0400

> 1.
> In test/indent/modula2.mod,
>    (smie-backward-sexp) after IF returns ((172) ...) = "bumped into
>    open-thingy",
> but
>   (smie-forward-sexp) before END returns (0 ...) = "couldn't skip token
>   because its level is too high", which is not correct.

Duh, yes, of course.  And the other (car toklevels) is smimilarly wrong,
of course.  Patch doubled and installed, thank you.

> 2.
> Return values of the form ((NUMBER) ...) are not documented.
> 3.
> Doc string of smie-forward-sexp:
> "open-paren or the beginning of buffer" should be "close-paren or the end of
> buffer".

Thanks, I fixed those.

> There's a problem with the indentation when there's comment at the start
> of a line before a keyword, like
>     (* Comment *) IF ...                      <-- Press TAB

Also fixed (tho there might still be more cases of "wandering indentation").

> Sorry for the rather late reply.

No problem, I've been caught several times replying after a delay of
4 years.

        Stefan