Re: Feature suggestion

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Feature suggestion
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:33:58 -0400

    Type "C-x 8 RET" followed by the hexadecimal code of the character
    (shown by "C-u C-x ="), and Bob's your uncle.

    Would mentioning that in the text do the job?

Yes, it would.  That is an obscure command,
and I would not know what search string to use
to find it with apropos.

I think there is a way to enter characters by their long names, too,
but I don't recall what it is.  It would be good to mention that
method too.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation