Re: bug: "C-x z" ("repeat") no longer works correctly with M-x

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bug: "C-x z" ("repeat") no longer works correctly with M-x
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:45:32 +0900

FWIW, my current workaround for this issue is to do "C-x ESC ESC RET"
to repeat the M-x the first time, and then use "C-x z" to further
repeat _that_ (since hitting "z" repeatedly is much easier).

The behavior isn't precisely the same as "C-x z" after M-x used to
exhibit, in that if the M-x command prompts for arguments, this will
repeat the command using the arguments supplied the first time,
whereas the old behavior was to re-prompt the user for each argument
(although the command itself was remembered).

My impression so far is that the behavior of this workaround is
actually more convenient, and when "C-x z" is fixed, I kinda wish it
would actually work this way instead, ... not sure how this fits into
the current discussion, but ... maybe it might suggest a mechanism for
doing this?

Thanks,

-miles

--