Re: Proposal: block-based vector allocator

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Proposal: block-based vector allocator
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 23:49:33 -0700

On 06/02/2012 12:41 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> To reduce the mess, we should add commentary that would replace wading
> through twisty macros

That would also help, and I can work on doing something along those
lines, but it's a bigger change and right now I'm just trying to help
out with the immediate issues raised by the block-based vector
allocator.  One thing at a time.

> the patch doesn't add any documentation,
> it actually _removes_ some of the comments.

I will revise the patch so that it doesn't contain the comment-removal
that you objected to.

> In this situation, saying that w32heap.c is "confused" is really being
> facetious, to say the least.

I would rather not have the w32heap.c issue slow things down, so I
will revise the patch to leave w32heap.c alone.  Any problems that
w32heap.c has will be independent of the revised patch.