Re: web-mode.el

From: Bois Francois-Xavier
Subject: Re: web-mode.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:43:18 +0200

> It would be very nice if those functions for PHP would be available as
> a major mode. Then it could immediately be used in a lot of other
> combinations with nXhtml/MuMaMo.
>
> I guess you have written the parsing functions so that they do not
> cross the chunk boundaries. Or, do I misunderstand that? If you have
> done that then perhaps a major mode for PHP could use that and make it
> available in some way to multi major modes frameworks?

But I think you would be disappointed by the few cases I handle for
PHP. I have written a mode for templates. In an HTML template I don't
expect people to declare function, declare classes, use exceptions
etc. All those cases are not properly handled by my mode. I don'
really "parse" PHP code ... it is more rules like ... "if the previous
line ends with { then I indent". By contrast, the parsing is much
stronger/powerful for HTML.