feature request: view part of file

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: feature request: view part of file
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 16:52:35 -0400

Sometimes I want to __VIEW__ a huge file and I get

File ZZZ is large (1645MB), really open? (y or n)  n
abort-if-file-too-large: Aborted

What I want is another option, in addition to y/n:
open a part of the file.
E.g., the first+the last N lines or M characters, whichever comes first.
(something like head+tail).

Is this already available or do I need to put something up myself?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://openvotingconsortium.org http://www.memritv.org