Re: async.el: A simple asynchronous framework for Emacs

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: async.el: A simple asynchronous framework for Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:36:57 +0200

() John Wiegley <address@hidden>
() Wed, 20 Jun 2012 00:34:46 -0500

   However, If I delete *any one* of the setq statements above
   (it doesn't matter which), it works just fine.  So it doesn't
   appear to be triggered by the length,

Are you sure?  Deleting an element changes the length of the
message.  What happens if you "semantically delete" an element
while not perturbing (much) the aggregate message length by
quoting it?

   or by any special characters.  I'm having a tough time
   figuring this one out.

Playing w/ repls to subprocs, i ran into the (IIRC) 509 byte
message limit and discovered variable ‘process-connection-type’.
Maybe that is relevant here?