Re: Input events and (interactive "e")

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Input events and (interactive "e")
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 05:56:45 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 21:40:54 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden

> >> IIRC, the meaning of "e" was extended so that you can have a single
> >> command that works both for mouse-clicks and for key events.
> > I rather meant events that are neither keyboard nor mouse events.
> > Like delete-frame, help-echo, etc.
>
> AFAIK, Emacs has never made such a distinction.

I understand, but the problem is, the manual doesn't make that clear
at all.  If you read the manual, "e" is only about mouse events,
accessing non-mouse event lists is not covered (in fact, even the fact
that they are lists is barely mentioned), and binding them to keys is
described deceptively, because the text uses KEY to describe what
should have been called EVENT.