Re: Inclusion of naquadah-theme

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Inclusion of naquadah-theme
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:49:41 +0800

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to distribute my color theme more widely and therefore include
> it in Emacs distribution. I don't know what the inclusion constraints
> are, so I'm sending this here for review.
>

> http://git.naquadah.org/?p=naquadah-theme.git;a=blob;f=naquadah-theme.el;h=ea9e1b1aba1bac6631e7577e5fc4217ad699d779;hb=HEAD

Please have a better description in the first line than "A color theme",
since this serves as the accompanying text in the M-x customize-themes
buffer.  Likewise the docstring to deftheme, which is shown with the
describe-theme command.

Do not set ansi-term-color-vector directly with setq.  If you find the
need to customize it, please fix it right: submit a patch to term.el
that converts this to a defcustom, then use custom-theme-set-variables.

Having defuns in a theme file is obnoxious.  Could you explain what
these functions are needed for?  If there is missing functionality, we
should incorporate that directly into Emacs; they should not be
naquadah-specific.