Re: For insertion in trunk

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: For insertion in trunk
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:55:56 +0900

Chong Yidong wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

>> Well, the diff[1] between Emacs's Gnus and Ma Gnus grew into over
>> 200KB, and pretty amount of them are useful and obviously unrelated
>> to the problem.  So, I'd like to merge them to the Emacs trunk.
>> The attached text includes the ChangeLog entries associated with
>> the Gnus changes not yet merged to Emacs; where lines beginning
>> with `o' are the ones that I think safe to merge to Emacs.  WDYT?
>> If that's ok, I'll work on it next week or later.
>>
>> [1] /ftp.jpl.org:/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch
>>  (or http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch)

> On the Emacs side, I am fine with merging to trunk now.  Lars can make
> the call about whether he thinks Ma Gnus is ready to be used by those
> following the Emacs trunk.  (Just so we are on the same page: I'm
> assuming you guys are intending to have it be included in 24.2, since
> the current plan is to release Emacs 24.2 from the trunk.)

Thanks.  I've merged changes made in Gnus master to the Emacs trunk
just now, except for the nnimap and `unexist' related changes.
The unfinished ones are below.  You can find those changes in:

ftp://ftp.jpl.org/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch
or http://www.jpl.org/ftp/pub/tmp/MaGnus-to-Emacs.patch

I guess some of them are harmless, or all are safe.  However, I
have no means to verify it since I'm not an IMAP user.

:::::::::::::::::
::: doc/misc/ :::
:::::::::::::::::
2012-03-22 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus.texi (Client-Side IMAP Splitting):
  Note that `nnimap-inbox' now can be a list.

::::::::::::::::::
::: lisp/gnus/ :::
::::::::::::::::::
2012-06-25 Julien Danjou <address@hidden>
* nnimap.el (nnimap-request-articles-find-limit): Rename from
`nnimap-request-move-articles-find-limit' since we do not use it
only for move operations.
(nnimap-request-accept-article): Use
`nnimap-request-articles-find-limit' to limit search by message-id.

2012-06-19 Julien Danjou <address@hidden>
* nnir.el (nnir-run-imap): Fix, use `nnimap-change-group'.
* nnimap.el (nnimap-log-buffer): Check that
  `window-point-insertion-type' is boundp, since it's not available
  in XEmacs.

2012-06-19 Michael Welsh Duggan <address@hidden> (tiny change)
* nnimap.el (nnimap-log-buffer): Add this, setting
  `window-point-insertion-type' in the buffer to t.
  (nnimap-log-command): Use nnimap-log-buffer.

2012-06-19 Julien Danjou <address@hidden>
* nnimap.el (nnimap-find-article-by-message-id): Add an optional limit
  argument to be able to limit the search.
  (nnimap-request-move-article):
  Use `nnimap-request-move-articles-find-limit'.
  (nnimap-request-move-articles-find-limit):
  Add this to limit the search by Message-Id after a message move.
  (nnimap): Add defgroup.

2012-06-15 Julien Danjou <address@hidden>
* nnimap.el (nnimap-find-article-by-message-id):
  Use `nnimap-possibly-change-group' rather than its own EXAMINE call.
  (nnimap-possibly-change-group): Add read-only argument.
  (nnimap-request-list): Use nnimap-possibly-change-group rather than
  issuing EXAMINE manually.
  (nnimap-find-article-by-message-id): Use `nnimap-possibly-change-group'
  with read-only argument.
  (nnimap-change-group): Rename from `nnimap-possibly-change-group'.
  We cannot possibly change because we need to be sure that it's either
  read-write or read-only.

2012-06-10 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
  gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-insert-old-articles): Don't include
   unexistent messages.

2012-04-10 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-start.el (gnus-clean-old-newsrc):
  Remove totally bogus `unexists' entries.
  (gnus-clean-old-newsrc): Fix last checkin.
* nnimap.el (nnimap-update-info):
  None of the articles below the active low-water mark exist.

2012-03-27 Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>
* nnimap.el (gnus-refer-thread-use-nnir): Silence the byte compiler.

2012-03-22 Sergio Martinez <address@hidden> (tiny change)
* nnimap.el (nnimap-request-scan):
  Allow `nnimap-inbox' to be a list of inboxes.

2012-03-10 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-group.el (gnus-group-expire-articles-1):
  Don't try to expire messages that don't exist.
* gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-expire-articles): Ditto.

2012-02-20 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-start.el (gnus-clean-old-newsrc): Allow a FORCE parameter.

2012-02-15 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-start.el (gnus-clean-old-newsrc):
  Delete `unexist' from pre-Ma Gnus 0.3.

2012-02-15 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-local-variables):
  Make `gnus-newsgroup-unexist' into a local variable.

2012-02-11 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-sum.el (gnus-adjust-marked-articles):
  Add to `gnus-newsgroup-unexist'.
* gnus.el (gnus-article-mark-lists):
  Add `unexist' to the list of marks.
  (gnus-article-special-mark-lists):
  Put the `unexist' in the special marks list instead.
* gnus-sum.el (gnus-articles-to-read): Don't include unexisting
  articles in the list of articles to be selected.
* nnimap.el (nnimap-retrieve-group-data-early):
  Query for unexisting articles.
  (nnimap-update-info): Keep track of unexisting articles.
  (nnimap-update-qresync-info): Ditto.

2012-02-01 Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
* gnus-start.el (gnus-clean-old-newsrc): New function.
  (gnus-read-newsrc-file): Use it.