Re: inline build_string performance

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: inline build_string performance
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 06:02:23 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:39:58 -0400
> Cc: Dmitry Antipov <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
> Let's stop the madness.  This is all mostly irrelevant.  The only think
> that's important here is code cleanliness.
> So let's make things as simple and clear as possible, please.

110% agreement.  Each change that spreads information about the
internals between several places adds to the obstacles one must
negotiate to make non-trivial changes in Emacs internals without
introducing bugs.  The bar is already too high.  If we want more
developers to come on board, we should make such changes only if they
give significant tangible wins.