Re: FFI in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: FFI in Emacs
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:11:30 +0300

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:14:56 +0900
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> [SXEmacs FFI interface] should be fairly easily portable to Emacs on
> platforms that have libffi.  It probably doesn't work on Windows

Why not?  Not because of libffi, I think.  libffi compiles out of the
box with MinGW; I did that when I needed to build Guile on Windows,
and my notes from that time indicate that the only libffi issue was a
rather minor problem with "make install".  And there are precompiled
Windows binaries available on the net.