Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: chad
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:44:55 -0700

On Jul 13, 2012, at 2:04 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

If you clone this repository:

   http://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-release

I track all official Emacs releases there.  If you checkout the "mac-port"
branch, I track Yamamoto's patch of Emacs releases there.

Does this track the emacs 24.1 + mac 3.0 release (plus that small bugfix he posted to the list), or the development head + mac 3.0 release? I'm more interested in following the dev tip than the mac port, and I'm having some trouble building a mac port branch that correctly understands macosx relocatable apps (it keeps trying to shove things into /usr/local).

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, since I haven't had the spare time to do more than mindless follow the install steps while working on other things, but it would be nice to not have to marge from 24.1 up to the trunk myself. :-)

Thanks,
*Chad
P.S. Sending to emacs-devel because I suspect at least 3-4 others on the list would also like to know.  If not, mea culpa.