Re: [RFC] Omit all GCPRO stuff if GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: [RFC] Omit all GCPRO stuff if GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:42:10 -0400

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

>> +#define DEFGCPRO1 void *__dummy ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED = &__dummy
>
> This would be cleaner if DEFGCPRO1 etc were either empty,
> or expanded to something that ended in ";".  Then the caller
> can just do "DEFGCPRO1" (without the semicolon) and there's
> no need for dummy declarations.

This I do not understand.  Macros without the semicolons make cc-mode
have to work much, much harder to determine the current level of
indentation.  I also find it offputting to see something that looks like
a statement that does not terminate with a semicolon.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)