Re: Magit slow on Windows

From: Bohdan Makohin
Subject: Re: Magit slow on Windows
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 19:10:21 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Stallman <rms <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Since you're talking about something comparable to Windows and MacOS,
> you must mean an entire operating system.  In other words, not Linux.
> Linux is a kernel, just one component of an operating system.
>
> What you mean must be GNU/Linux -- that is an entire system.
> I launched it in 1984, and GNU Emacs is part of it.
>
> To call that system "Linux" is to attribute it to someone else,
> which is practically slapping all of us in the face.
>
> I appreciate the effort you've gone to in reporting a bug, since that
> may help us fix it.  But it is hard to hold on to the appreciative
> feeling when you credit our work to someone else.  Please call the
> system "GNU/Linux", not "Linux".

Totally agree with Richard.
But even knowing the fact that the operating system You use is GNU/Linux - it
is
human habit to reduce words and say "Linux" instead of "GNU/Linux", "X Server"
instead of "Xorg Server", "ssh" instead of "openssh" and etc. It means that
GNU/Linux became a "standard" for most of Linux-based OS.