Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:26:44 +0200

On Jul 23, 2012, at 12:16 AM, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> NS port is ugly, and has problems with C-g, font rendering, modifier keys,
> multiprocessing, networking.

None of that is inherent, i.e. it can all be fixed without having to use
a different API.  So we need to someone to step up to the plate and
provide patches.

First, I think someone needs to step up to the plate and prove the allegations.  There have been a few of us, at least, who have spoken up that these behaviors do not occur for us.  So I'm guessing the problem lies in how the binary is built and/or tested.

What would it take to "prove" to you that, for example, flyspell is painfully slow?  I'd be happy to provide profiling information or something if that would convince you.  I have built from bzr for several years now with just `--with-ns`.

-Ivan