Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:13:25 +0800

On 2012-07-24 05:45 +0800, chad wrote:
> This viewpoint that does not match the reality I see. Several people
> on emacs-devel use the ns port heavily every day, and bugs are both
> reported and fixed regularly.

I have used the ns-port for more than a year and reported quite a few
bugs. I have to leave ns-port seeking other alternatives and mac port
was what I found that brings real emacs experience to OSX.

I don't know how much ns-port has improved since (2009) but looking at
the code changes in those files, it cannot be much and most serious bugs
are still open in the bug tracker.

So people experiencing real pain using the ns port have given the ns
port more than a cursory look and find it painful to use.

I wonder why can't we have the mac port sit in a bzr branch. It would be
a good source of inspiration for people working on the ns-port and save
some of us pain who cannot help fixing ns-port. We are using a DVS
anyway.

Leo