slow startup of gdb mi

From: Liang Wang
Subject: slow startup of gdb mi
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:50:44 +0800

Hi,

I'm debugging an LLVM based compiler within emacs (trunk updated and
built on July 27).  After reading symbol is done, it take several
minutes to show gdb many windows and (gdb) prompt.  I try to enter
debugger on C-g but it has no effect.  There is nothing in backtrace
buffer and gdb many windows still show up later.  Right now I have to
debug in 23.3 with --annotate support.

Could someone please tell me how to locate what emacs is doing in this
case?  By the way, I tried a small hello world and it is very fast.

Thanks,
Liang