Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in configure.ac's AH_BOTTOM
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:31:04 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:15:37 +0200
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What are the manifestations of this trouble?  I just built the current
> > trunk on Windows, and didn't see any problems.  And I don't think any
> > related changes were committed since you wrote the above.
>
> I didn't make myself clear. The trouble is trying to sync nt/config.nt
> with autogen/config.in, i.e, removing code from nt/config.nt that is
> already in src/conf_post.h.

So you are saying that replacing the stuff at the end of nt/config.nt
with inclusion of conf_post.h causes compilation failures?  I wonder
why, because conf_post.h looks like an identical copy of that stuff,
and comes at the same place.

The alloca.h stuff is already #ifdef'ed away on config.nt, so it's not
new.  Either ifdef it in conf_post.h, or provide alloca.h in nt/inc.

As for AMPERSAND_FULL_NAME, its unconditional definition is bogus IMO,
and needs to be autoconfiscated, or at the very least ifdef'ed away
for WINDOWSNT and MSDOS.  Undefining it on ms-w32.h is possible, but
not clean, IMO.

> I've had no time to delve into it, but it seems like a problem
> compiling the lib sources, not src/*.c.

If you bump into problems beyond the above, please bring them up.