Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in configure.ac's AH_BOTTOM
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:03:57 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:28:27 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > Is this stuff going to be left in a separate header for the observable
> > future?
>
> I think so.
>
> > What about SYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA?  conf_post.h defines that for NS and
> > Darwin; should I move the msdos.h definitions there as well?
>
> I think it's up to you.

Well, it always was ;-)  But I hoped you will have some guidance.

> > Or what about NULL_DEVICE or SEPCHAR? should they be autoconfiscated
>
> I think so (ditto USER_FULL_NAME, etc), then msdos could sed them.

Exactly.

> AFAICS, however, unless you do some more complex sed stuff, you are
> always going to need a separate msdos.h, due to 'define DOS_NT' etc.

Sed has the 'i' command, you know ;-)

Like I said: there are several ways to go about this, but I'd prefer
one that is the cleanest, as being part of a cleanup provides more
motivation than being part of just rearranging the dirt ;-)

> So how much you want to remove from msdos.h is up to you.

If you want me, I can remove everything.  But then I don't want to see
NS-specific SYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA, or any similar things, anywhere
near conf_post.h, either.  Because "quod licet Iovi non licet bovi" is
a game I prefer not to play, if I can avoid it.  (But I will if you
ask.)