Symbol's function definition is void: latex-indent-line [Mac OS X]

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Symbol's function definition is void: latex-indent-line [Mac OS X]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 18:53:32 +0200 (CEST)

Just for the sake of completeness I want to flag this issue with Emacs-app...

When 24.1 was released, I installed Emacs-app by means of MacPorts tools on a MBP with Lion 10.7.4.

My init (reduced to a simple test case) file is:

$ cat .emacs.d/init.el

(global-set-key [13] 'newline-and-indent)

(defun latex-return( ) (interactive) (latex-indent-line) (newline-and-indent))

(add-hook 'latex-mode-hook
          '(lambda()
             (local-set-key [13] 'latex-return)
             ;(auto-fill-mode 1)
             (turn-on-reftex)

             ;; Add index to menu bar
             (imenu-add-to-menubar "Contents")
             )
          )

and all worked fine with .tex file...

I have worked since this morning with a .tex file (inserting lines with ENTER and then text, deleting lines etc.) without problems until a few minutes ago: suddently pressing ENTER does not work any more (Emacs beeps) and in the minibuffer I got the message:

  latex-return: Symbol's function definition is void: latex-indent-line

and I can't edit .tex file any more...

This is strange because it worked and works with Aquamacs and Emacs on other systems (GNU/Linux, Cygwin, Windows). They are many years I have that "defun" in my init files...

I have not done any update since yesterday, so I would exclude an update issue. Perhaps a caching issue? How on MBP?

TIA,
 Angelo.