Re: Emacs Webapp/Plugin

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Emacs Webapp/Plugin
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:09:14 +0200

>     - There is a configuration server called the "puppet master"
>     - client machines, which can be other servers, laptops, or whatever,
>     register with the Puppet master.
>     - A daemon called the "Puppet Agent" is run on the client system.
>     - The Puppet Agent consults with the Puppet Master to fetch various
>     configuration settings.
>
> What do you mean by "configuration settings"?
> Could you give me some examples?

I can describe my own cluster briefly. Perhaps that will help clarify:

- A fileserver, Exodia, also running the Puppetmaster and an NFS
server.
- Five client-machines that mount the NFS share. The details of the NFS
share are distributed using Puppet-agent from the puppetmaster on
Exodia. So, if I want to add a new cliesnt-machine to my cluster, it is easy to
get the relevant NFS share mounted.

- I have a gateway-machine which has a firewall. The firewall settings
  are distributed from the puppetmaster. Its therefore fairly easy to match
  the ports needed for a webserver running on Exodia to the ports opened
  and redirected by the gateway.

Now, if I want to share the setup of the entire cluster with someone
that wants to build a similar cluster, I can simply share the puppet
template files I use to run my cluster.

--
Joakim Verona